Under the direction of the Dietary Supervisor, the Server performs a variety of routine tasks daily in providing dining room service to residents. Works closely with Dietary Supervisor, Lead Wait Person, cooks, and dishwasher.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
Corporate Compliance is the duty and responsibility of everyone employed by CHI and its related organizations.
- Promotes a strong belief in CHI’s Mission and has respect for and compliance with Linus Oakes’ Resident Rights Statement.
- Demonstrates behavior consistent with CHI’s Core Values: Reverence, Integrity, Compassion, and Excellence.
- Incumbent has no access to confidential information and must comply with the terms of the CHI Living Communites Security Policies as it applies to their job role.
- Collaborates with immediate supervisor to establish, define, and refine department goals and objectives consistent with facility’s Mission and Values, and demonstrates satisfactory progress towards these goals and objectives.
- Exhibits the ability to make effective decisions based on verifiable and measurable data/criteria.
- Promotes positive customer relations with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrates respect and sensitivity to cultural/social differences in interactions with others.
- Completes assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates initiative and problem solving skill using sound judgment.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as needed with little or no direction; shows initiative in assisting others within the department.
- Assists in preparation for dinner.
- Identifies all residents by name for dinner ticket accountability and food safety program records.
- Conducts complex interaction with residents Serves residents and guests all food needed for meal.
- Responsible for wine service.
- Demonstrates good communication skills with staff members and residents.
- Train new Servers.
- Completes daily and weekly side work.
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of work areas including sweeping and mopping.Demonstrates full understanding of and adheres to department policies and procedures.Consistently reports to work on time and ready to work.Respect’s resident’s privacy and confidentiality at all times.Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintains a respectful attitude toward the home environment, family relationships, health and psychosocial history of residents, and family members.
- Actively participates in the maintenance of a safe work environment.
- Abides by all city, state, and federal regulations.
- Attends inservice training and meetings as required.
(*denotes essential function)
Must be at least 16 yrs. of age. Six months previous experience in a restaurant setting preferred. Possesses a valid Oregon State driver’s license. Knowledge of sanitation rules. Ability to work well with the elderly and others. Ability to read menus, write tickets, and follow oral and written instructions. May be required to obtain OLCC Servers permit. Must possess current Food Handler’s License. Must have strong customer service skills.
Standing 20% of the time; walking 70% of the time; sitting 10% of the time (lifting and carrying 35% of the time and able to carry up to 45 pounds. Pushing/pulling 5% of the time; bending, stooping, twisting 40% of the time; reaching and handling 85% of the time, repetitive motion, close interaction with co-workers and residents. Climbing stairs 3% of the time).
*Hearing: within normal limits with or without use of corrective hearing devices.
*Vision: adequate to read 12-point type with or without use of corrective lenses.
Must be able to verbally interact with staff, clients, and public.
*Manual dexterity of hands/fingers for writing, computer input.
(*denotes essential function)