The Gardens at St. Elizabeth, nestled in the bustling Highlands neighborhood of Denver, is looking for PRN Caregivers to join our team!
If you are interested in working with a great team in a faith-based community dedicated to providing a quality environment for seniors, apply on line or in person today!
POSITION ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provides resident care and services as assigned and, as provided for in the care plan, to assure the safety and comfort of residents, including but not limited to, assistance with bathing, shaving, dressing, laundry, escorting residents to meals and social activities, tidying their apartments, assisting them with their activities of daily living, taking vital signs, doing peri-care, skin care, oral care, reminders of or assistance with toileting, appointments, and help with using their oxygen.
- Works well as a team member, displaying flexibility with assignments and a willingness to assist co-workers.
- Follows policies and procedures without prompting.
- Follows all safety guidelines, including OSHA health and safety rules and regulations, and other safety procedures. Attends and participates in training and education sessions as scheduled, including staff meetings, in-services, and any other staff development opportunities. Always uses the safety equipment and procedures provided when performing hazardous tasks.
- Maintains a professional manner at all times when interacting with residents or their families or visitors.
- Communicates in an effective and timely manner to appropriate people regarding resident needs and services, departmental issues and family concerns, through consistent verbal or written follow-up.
- Assists residents with observance of physical and medical precautions following a hospital stay, therapy treatment or a life-threatening event.
- Must be able to assist residents physically throughout the shift. Reports to and assists the LPN or charge person on the shift, as needed.
- Promotes resident and staff safety through the use of proper body mechanics, and through frequent rounds on assigned areas. Reports resident needs, status changes and safety issues promptly.
- Additional duties may be outlined by facility. Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.