Are you interested in starting out a career in the health care field?
No experience or certifications are necessary. Franciscan Villa will provide training for certifications to become a caregiver in Assisted Living.
Franciscan Villa is a senior living community that offers three levels of assisted living options, rehabilitative services, skilled nursing care and our Child Day Center for our employees and members of the community.
Our dedicated health care professionals at CHI Franciscan Villa are committed to the patient-centered model and work to maintain a safe and secure environment while providing as many comforts of home as possible.
Franciscan Villa’s mission-driven philosophy of providing a continuum of care is guided by our core values of reverence, integrity, compassion and excellence.
Resident Assistant-CBRF-Assisted Living
As a Resident Assistant in our Assisted Living community you will provide direct and indirect care to residents under nurse supervision. Assists in activities of daily living (ADLs) to meet each resident’s needs and you can also expect to assist with:
- Feeding and assistance with eating
- Bathing and weighing
- Oral hygiene
- Nail, hair, skin care and shaving
- Restorative Nursing: ROM, ambulation, positioning, splint application
- Prevent spread of infection by consistent hand washing, standard precautions and identified isolation procedures in accord with policy and procedure
- Inform residents of procedure and outcome prior to providing care services
- Report to staff nurse any unusual behavior or change in resident's condition
- Monitor and document temperatures, appetite, intake and output as assigned. Weigh residents and record outcomes (Hoyer scale, free-standing, stand or sit scale) on proper forms
- Use transfer equipment for both resident safety and that of your own: Sit-to-Stand lifts, Mechanical Lifts, and in-bed transfer hardware, gait belts, and bath lifts
- Consistently use best practice body mechanics during lifting and handling for your safety and that of residents and ask for help in handling when you are in need
- Watch resident for changes in skin condition, injuries, appetite, emotional needs and other aspects. Report changes to the nurse or supervisor. Take vital signs as directed and record them.
- Use time effectively to accomplish assigned cares for a group of residents
- Review daily report on assigned residents for their condition and required cares. Use care plan and Resident Information Sheets to maintain current information on resident.
- Perform utility work for residents' comfort and facility neatness and cleanliness:
- Change bed linens
- Keep closets, dressers, bedside cabinets
- Clean and properly maintain sanitation and tub rooms
- Separate soiled clothing, linens, and disposables
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive Pay & Benefits
- 401(k) with a company match
- Paid-time off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On-site Fitness Center
- On-site Child Day Care Center
A pre-placement health assessment, including a drug screening and background check, is required. CHI Franciscan Villa is an equal opportunity employer.