Franciscan Villa is a senior living community that offers three levels of assisted living options, rehabilitative services, skilled nursing care and a Child Day Center for our employees and members of the community. We are currently hiring for Full Time or On-Call (PRN) employees.
A Child Day Care Teacher:
- Plans, schedules, implements and supervises the daily program of appropriate developmental experiences for a classroom group of children that meets our center policies as well as state and Youngstar guidelines.
- Provides care and protection for assigned children and maintains state required ratios. Administers first aid treatment and any medication authorized in writing by parent.
- Ensures necessary documentation is complete such as daily sheets, meal counts, sign in/out sheets, accident reports, lesson plans, etc.
- Participates in staff meetings, training sessions, conferences, workshops, and other career development and professional activities. Meets yearly continuing education requirements.
- Keeps all areas of the center clean and sanitary to maintain infection control and orderly, pleasant surroundings.
- Provides quality customer service to children and parents, including treating them all with dignity and respect, greeting them and maintaining confidentiality.
- Participates in Intergenerational Programs as assigned.
- Meets all physical requirements such as sitting, standing, squatting, bending, twisting, walking, pushing, pulling, moving at a fast pace and lifting sometimes over 50 pounds.
- Maintains good attendance and is flexible to work within the hours of operation.
A person hired to be a Child Day Care Teacher shall be qualified in the following ways:
- Is at least 18 years of age and has completed high school or its equivalent as determined by the Wisconsin department of public instruction.
- Has documented at least 80 full days or 120 half days of experience as an assistant child care teacher in a licensed child care center or other approved early childhood setting.
- Full Time Position requires Level 9 on the Child Care Registry
- Has completed one of the following:
- Two non-credit department-approved courses in early childhood education.
Note: Introduction to the Child Care Profession and Skills and Strategies for
the Child Care Teacher are the names of the non-credit courses approved.
- Two courses for credit in early childhood education or its equivalent from an intuition of higher education.
- Certificate from The Registry indicating teacher qualification.
- Forty-eight credits from an institution of higher education with at least 3 credits in early childhood education or its equivalent.
- A one-year child care diploma from an institution of higher education.
- An associate degree in early childhood education or child care from an institution of higher education.
- A bachelor degree in education from an institution of higher education or a license from the Wisconsin department of public instruction to act as a teacher.
- Has completed Shaken Baby Syndrome Prevention Training
- Has received Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Training for infants and children and automated external defibrillator use from an agency approved by the department or completes it within 6 months after beginning to work with children and ensures that it is kept current.
- Has received a minimum of 10 hours of training in infant and toddler care approved by the department or completes it within 6 months after assuming the position
Note: The non-credit, department-approved course that will meet this requirement is called Fundamentals of Infant and Toddler Care
- Training in WMELS and experience with Environmental Rating Scales (ITERS/ECERS) are preferred
A pre-placement health assessment, including a drug screening and background check, is required. CHI Franciscan Villa is an equal opportunity employer.