Franciscan Villa is a senior living community that offers three levels of assisted living options, rehabilitative services, skilled nursing care and our Child Day Center for our employees and members of the community.
Our dedicated health care professionals at CHI Franciscan Villa are committed to the patient-centered model and work to maintain a safe and secure environment while providing as many comforts of home as possible.
Franciscan Villa’s mission-driven philosophy of providing a continuum of care is guided by our core values of reverence, integrity, compassion and excellence.
Child Day Care Teacher
As a Day Care Teacher you will be responsible to carry out the daily programming for the children enrolled in the Child Day Care Center. You will work with a group of children under the supervision of a Child Day Care Teacher.
You can also expect to:
- Provide care and protection for assigned children
- Maintain a physical environment conducive to children’s growth and development, and arrange to promote optimal program functioning
- Consider and provide for the needs of the individual child in relationship to his/her cultural and socioeconomic background, emotional or physical handicaps, and individual style and pace of learning
- Help children learn to adapt to and cope with real life situations; to develop appropriate habits in such activities as eating, dressing, napping, and personal hygiene. Help children learn appropriate conflict-resolution and social interactive skills
- Work with and refer children with unmet special needs to the Child Day Care Director, as well as families with problems that affect the child in the Day Care Center
- Make daily observations of the health of children, reporting conditions which require attention; administers first aid treatment and any medication authorized in writing by parent
- Participate in staff meetings, training sessions, conferences, workshops, and other career development and professional activities
- Assure that equipment and materials are accessible, appropriate, safe, and in good condition
- Keep all areas of the Day Care Center clean and sanitary to maintain infection control and orderly, pleasant surroundings
- Plan, organize, and implement children’s learning activities for each child’s developmental level with a thorough understanding of Franciscan Villa’s philosophy, policies and procedures
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive Pay
- On-site Fitness Center
- On-site Child Day Care Center
A person hired to be a Child Day CareTeacher shall be qualified in one of the following ways:
- The person shall be at least 18 years old and have satisfactorily completed one non-credit, department-approved course in Early Childhood education, or completes that training within six (6) months after assuming the position.
- The person shall be at least 18 years old and have satisfactorily completed one course for credit in Early Childhood education, or its equivalent at an institution of higher education, or is enrolled in that course within six (6) months after assuming the position.
- The person shall have satisfactorily completed an Assistant Child Care Teacher Training Program approved by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction.
A pre-placement health assessment, including a drug screening and background check, is required. CHI Franciscan Villa is an equal opportunity employer.