Franciscan Villa is a senior living community that offers three levels of assisted living options, rehabilitative services, skilled nursing care and our Child Day Center for our employees and members of the community.
Our dedicated health care professionals at CHI Franciscan Villa are committed to the patient-centered model and work to maintain a safe and secure environment while providing as many comforts of home as possible.
Franciscan Villa’s mission-driven philosophy of providing a continuum of care is guided by our core values of reverence, integrity, compassion and excellence.
As an Assistant Cook you will perform skilled cooking duties that and are responsible for preparing foods for resident needs, and special events.
You can also expect to:
- Prepare food following food safety guidelines, diet restrictions and standardized recipes
- Work off prep sheets and occasionally create prep lists to ensure all menu items are prepared
- Plan cooking schedules so that foods are ready at specified times and are tasty and presentable
- Procures food products from refrigerators, freezers, or other storage areas
- Assist Cook with meal service and serve food according to portion control guides and diet restrictions
- Measure and mix ingredients according to recipes and able to use a variety of kitchen utensils and equipment, such as blenders, mixers, grinder, and slicer to make sauces, soups, stews, casseroles, and desserts
- Bake, roast, broil, grill and steams meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods properly for good taste and appearance
- Observe and taste food being cooked and adds ingredients or seasonings to improve flavor
- Review food in coolers and refrigerators for outdated items
- Basic knowledge of diets
- Wash pots and pans as needed
- Takes late requests and prepare late tray orders
- Operate electric equipment and kitchen utensils in a safe and efficient manner using appropriate P.P.E.
- Operate equipment, utensils, and counters in accordance with sanitary standards and cleaning schedule
- Check and make appropriate arrangements for availability of equipment and food for the next day’s menu
- Complete all other duties as assigned by supervisors
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive Pay & Benefits
- 401(k) with a company match
- Paid-time off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On-site Fitness Center
- On-site Child Day Care Center
- One year of institutional cooking required
- Ability to read, write, and perform simple mathematics
- Must have open availability
A pre-placement health assessment, including a drug screening and background check, is required. CHI Franciscan Villa is an equal opportunity employer.