Human Resources Manager at St. Clare Commons
At St. Clare Commons we believe a job should be more than simply a means of earning a living. It should be a learning experience, a path to personal growth, and most important a way of putting faith into action.
St. Clare Commons opened its faith-based state of the art campus in Perrysburg, Ohio in 2013 and continues expanding its ministry. As our campus continues to grow, we currently have an opportunity for a Human Resources Manager who has a genuine passion for caring for our elders.
The Human Resources Manager serves as a counselor, advisor, and coach to management on all human resources practices, including corrective actions, employee evaluations, and involuntary separations of employment, while providing oversight and audit functions for proper administration of payroll processing, preparing human resources trend analysis reports, ensuring effective recruitment and retention of staff, and developing and ensuring compliance with all employee relations, compensation, and benefits programs.
- Follows Human Resources policies, procedures, and actions are in compliance with applicable governmental laws and regulations and standards of accrediting bodies.
- Acts as primary contact with counsel and outside agencies regarding employment issues.
- Complies with legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting Human Resources Services (i.e. EEOC, OSHA, ADA, Wage and Hour).
- Ensures timely processing of workers’ compensation claims, and ensures that the facility is in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Completes all criminal background check verifications and logs relating to Senate Bill 160 compliance.
- Prescreens applicants, conducts preliminary interviews, and makes recommendations to managers/directors concerning employment.
- Verifies that all mandatory pre-employment background investigations, verifications, references, and examinations have been successfully completed prior to actual hire.
- Coordinates the facility orientation.
- Maintains employee files, including personnel, medical, FMLA, disability, pension, and workers’ compensation.
- Ensures in-service training, annual education, and other related programs are documented in employee records.
- Ensures performance appraisals are conducted for all employees.
- Reviews individual unemployment claims, and acts as liaison with counsel for unemployment hearings.
- Reviews and assists management in employment corrective action and terminations.
- Enters enrollments employment benefit programs, such as group insurance, life, medical, dental, accident and disability, and HSA and FSA.
- Completes and audits proper payroll processing to ensure compliance with Department of Labor regulations regarding regular compensation, overtime calculations, and exempt status.
St. Clare Commons, a CHI Living Community, is an equal opportunity employer.
Education and Experience
A qualified applicant would have a minimum 3 years’ of Human Resources experience in a senior living setting.