The Gardens of St. Francis, a member organization of CHI Living Communities, has an exciting career opportunity to join a team of employees who promote the values of reverence, integrity, service, and excellence in their actions, relationships, and communication. We are looking for an Executive Director who is committed to providing exceptional care to residents in a faith-based environment with excellent leadership and team building skills.
The successful Executive Director will develop employee, community, and industry communication and relationships while providing direction and oversight for the overall operations of
The Gardens of St. Francis, including regulatory compliance, marketing, clinical, and financial control.
The Administrator directs the day to day functions of the assigned area(s) in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern long-term care facilities to assure the highest degree of quality care is provided to our residents at all times.
- Operates the assigned area(s) in accordance with established policies and procedures of CHI Living Communities.
- Maintains licensure as Nursing Home Administrator in the state of employment.
- Attends facility meetings as requested.
- Satisfies all educational in-service requirements which are mandated by the facility and by external accrediting and regulatory agencies.
- Completes performance appraisals prior to due date for all direct reports.
- Demonstrates effective recruitment and retention of a competent, stable staff of motivated employees to maintain successful operation. Maintains agency-free status.
- Monitors and improves the overall quality of services related to nursing, environmental services, food services, maintenance, and security provided at the assigned area(s).
- Monitors performance improvement activities and ensures compliance with the Performance Improvement Plan.
- Includes, directs, and educates staff in continuous quality improvement activities.
- Develops quality performance indicators and monitors collection of data. Implements plan of action based on results of data collected.
- Fosters a sense of community and life enrichment among residents, family, staff, and volunteers of the facility.
- Submits annual Performance Improvement Plan on a timely basis.
- Reviews monthly and quarterly facility quality indicator data with Director of Nursing. Utilizes CHI Living Communities Quality/Risk Indicator report and comparative statistics to benchmark best practice (nursing indicators).
- Maintains effective communication with interdisciplinary team, residents, families, physicians, vendors, and staff.
- Conducts morning meeting with interdisciplinary team members. Reviews census, campus and community news/information, and incidents/accidents.
- Meets with the facility Medical Director at least one hour monthly.
- Reviews daily operation of nursing department with Director of Nursing.
- Ensures results of employee and resident satisfaction surveys meet or exceed industry and/or system (corporate) standards.
- Participates as presenter for management and employee orientation.
- In collaboration with Director of Nursing, investigates any allegation(s) of abuse, neglect, or misappropriation of resident property and takes appropriate action as necessary.
- Enhances the continued viability of the facility by advocating the Total Quality Improvement Process. Keeps abreast of current trends and practices in the field of long-term care.
- Maintains the financial integrity of the assigned area(s) through budgeting, cost, and labor control.
- Meets budgeted bottom line. Investigates and implements savings in purchasing practices.
- Prepare standing/open purchase orders annually. Reviews and signs off on all nursing invoices.
- Participates in monthly variance review.
- Participates in facility strategic planning process.
- Attends seminars and networks with professional peers to obtain and remain current with industry best practices and innovative new programs as applicable.
- Satisfies all educational in-service requirements mandated by CHI Living Communities, the department, external accrediting, and regulatory agencies.
- Attends all mandatory in-service programs.
- Adheres to facility policies and procedures.
- Completes yearly online education program by deadline.
- Attends employee meetings on a regular basis.
- For facilities that do not have an Executive Director, serves as the facility’s compliance liaison.
- Assists CHI’s Compliance Officer as needed at the facility level.
In addition to the essential job specific duties listed above, the Administrator shall be required to perform all duties (essential and non-essential) in a manner consistent with the mission statement and core values (reverence, integrity, compassion, and excellence) of CHI Living Communities and will be evaluated on such basis. Furthermore, every employee must abide by all campus, departmental, and safety policies, rules, and regulations.
Apply below or Send Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Education: Bachelor of Science Degree in Administration or related field.
Experience: Licensed Nursing Home Administrator in the state of employment.
Three – five years progressive management experience.