Maintenance Technician III performs preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairs on electrical equipment systems, HVAC equipment, plumbing systems, windows, screens, and doors. Additionally, this position requires appliance replacement and taking part in snow removal.
Essential Job Specific Duties/Responsibilities
- Performs preventative maintenance, minor troubleshooting, and repairs on electrical equipment systems.
- Changes outlets, switches, and light fixtures.
- Troubleshoots electrical problems.
- Helps perform tests of fire alarm systems.
- Helps perform tests of nurse call systems.
- Pulls wires, high and low voltage
- Performs preventative maintenance, minor troubleshooting, and repairs on HVAC equipment.
- Diagnoses minor problems in gas furnaces, and makes repairs.
- Diagnoses minor problems in air conditioners, and makes repairs.
- Performs preventative maintenance on gas furnaces.
- Performs preventative maintenance on air conditioners.
- Diagnoses minor problems in heat pumps, and makes repairs.
- Performs preventative maintenance on heat pumps.
- Perform preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and minor repairs of plumbing systems.
- Runs drain stakes to open clogged drain lines.
- Plunges, removes, and replaces toilets as needed.
- Repairs, removes, and replaces faucets.
- Removes and replaces sinks.
- Repairs, removes, and replaces water heaters.
- Repairs, removes, and replaces water lines.
- Repairs, removes, and replaces drain lines.
- Performs preventative maintenance and general repairs of doors, windows, and screens.
- Repairs, replaces, and removes windows.
- Repairs, replaces, and removes screens.
- Repairs, replaces, and removes doors and hardware.
- Takes part in the process of snow removal and appliance replacement.
- Replaces all appliances and maintains accurate records as needed.
- Takes part in snow and ice removal.
- Helps load salt on trucks.
- Helps maintain snow removal equipment.
- Satisfies all educational in-service requirements mandated by CHI Living Communities, the department, external accrediting, and regulatory agencies.
- Attends all mandatory in-service programs.
- Adheres to facility policies and procedures.
- Completes yearly online education program by deadline.
- Attends employee meetings on a regular basis.
In addition to the essential job specific duties listed above, the Maintenance Technician III shall be required to perform all duties (essential and non-essential) in a manner consistent with the mission statement and core values (reverence, integrity, compassion, excellence) of CHI Living Communities and will be evaluated on such basis. Furthermore, every employee must abide by all campus, departmental, and safety policies, rules, and regulations.
CHI Living Communities has the right to change the job specific duties and specifications required for the position of Maintenance Technician III from time to time without prior notice.
Attendance: Regular attendance is an essential part of this job.
- Normal office environment
- Handles confidential information
- Tight time constraints
- Extended visual concentration