The Housekeeping Aide is responsible for cleaning resident rooms and general related areas in campus building(s) as assigned.
Essential Job Specific Duties/Responsibilities
- Demonstrates efficiency in correct mopping techniques.
- Uses figure eight method.
- Uses clean water every third room or 100 square feet.
- Mops all edges and corners ensuring dirt is removed.
- Changes mop when visibly soiled.
- Ensures hard surface floors are clean and free of soil.
- Demonstrates competency in dust mopping techniques.
- Starts at end of hall or room.
- Uses dust mop treatment.
- Changes dust mop when visibly soiled.
- Ensures hard surface floor is free of dust and debris.
- Covers dust mop for storage.
- Demonstrates effectiveness in correct cleaning of horizontal and vertical surfaces.
- Ensures furniture is free of dust and smudges.
- Ensures window ledges are free of dust.
- Ensures walls are free of spots.
- Ensures all fixtures and appliances are free of dust.
- Demonstrates ability to properly do trash removal of general and biohazard waste.
- Uses gloves when handling trash.
- Segregates general and biohazard waste.
- Keeps waste receptacles clean.
- Covers carts for transport.
- Empties waste in a timely fashion.
- Cleans occupied and empty resident rooms.
- Uses correct supplies for room cleaning.
- Starts cleaning at farthest point working towards the door.
- Performs detail cleaning when needed.
- Ensures carpets are free of spots.
- Ensures finished rooms exceed 85% quality.
- Satisfies all educational in-service requirements mandated by CHI Living Communities, the department, external accrediting, and regulatory agencies.
- Attends all mandatory in-service programs.
- Adheres to facility policies and procedures.
- Completes yearly online education program by deadline.
- Attends employee meetings on a regular basis.
In addition to the essential job specific duties listed above, the Housekeeping Aide shall be required to perform all duties (essential and non-essential) in a manner consistent with the mission statement and core values (reverence, integrity, compassion, excellence) of CHI Living Communities and will be evaluated on such basis. Furthermore, every employee must abide by all campus, departmental, and safety policies, rules, and regulations.
CHI Living Communities has the right to change the job specific duties and specifications required for the position of Housekeeping Aide from time to time without prior notice.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Previous Health Care experience preferred.
Attendance: Regular attendance is an essential part of this job.
- Environmental conditions: dust, dirt
- Uses cleaning solutions/chemicals
- Tight time constraints
- Extended visual concentration