8100 Clyo Road
Centerville, OH 45458
Job Type: Part Time
The Spiritual Care Associate assists in the coordination of the religious and spiritual care provided for all residents, families, and staff.
Department: Mission Integration
Reports to: Spiritual Care Manager
Essential Job Specific Duties/Responsibilities
1. Works with the Spiritual Care Manager to plan events, programs, and liturgies for the department, including liturgies for employees and the residents. Prepares the Liturgical Intercessions for each month.
2. Visits residents in assigned area(s) on a routine basis and checks with nursing supervisors and/or social workers for referrals to residents who may be in need of special care, i.e. as death approaches; documents all visits in the resident's medical chart and in the proper file in the Spiritual Care Office; monitors, updates, and completes resident assessments.
3. Attends the Ethics Committee meetings, Spiritual Care staff meetings, and Employee Open Forums.
4. Plans and conducts Liturgy of the Word with Communion Services for Catholic residents. Facilitates Prayer Services for Protestant residents in lieu of a minister.
5. When scheduled, assists Protestant ministers who come for weekly services. Plans and conducts services for the residents in the event a minister is unavailable.
6. Leads grief groups, Bible study, or religious discussion programs as requested of the Spiritual Care Department.
7. Assists Spiritual Care Manager with Bereavement Teams, funeral planning, and funerals as needed. Keep a computerized ongoing record of deaths.
8. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the ages of the residents served.
9. Prioritizes work in order to be available to the residents for one-on-one conferences.
10. Satisfies all educational in-service requirements mandated by CHI Living Communities, the department, external accrediting, and regulatory agencies.
a. Attends all mandatory in-service programs
b. Adheres to facility policies and procedures
c. Completes yearly online education programs by deadline
d. Attends employee meetings on a regular basis
Up-to-date in Theology. Certificate in religious education, spirituality, or other related field. Good listening skills.
Previous work with elderly including teaching in parish religious education programs, hospital visitation, etc.
Regular attendance is an essential part of this job