Qualified candidates will be able to demonstrate a daily commitment to The Garden of St. Francis' core values of Reverence, Service, and Stewardship. The candidate will be dependable with an outstanding ability to multi-task.
This position is Part-Time, Second Shift, Every Other Weekend.
Major responsibilities include but are not limited to the following functions:
- Promotes the values and practices of Person-Centered Care throughout daily life in the household.
- Encourages and assists all residents in achieving spiritual well-being and an optimum quality of life.
- Performs all essential responsibilities of a STNA
- Attends to all resident personal care needs, including but not limited to, grooming, hygiene, dining and nutrition, mobility, toileting, psychosocial and safety needs. Supports residents in self-care and provides care as necessary for those unable to care for their own needs. Responds to residents’ requests, including call lights, in a timely manner.
- Regularly checks and provides appropriate physical care for all residents; observes all typical /normal needs of residents as well as any unusual changes.
- Reports immediately any changes in physical or mental functioning or special needs to charge nurse.
- Reports verbal/non-verbal complaints of pain to charge nurse immediately
- Complies with all computerized medical records documentation and implementation, including updating daily care and resident-related information as required by federal and state regulations.
- Provides ROM exercises as directed.
- Assists and encourages residents to participate in activities both inside and outside the household.
- Provides light housekeeping, activities, and dietary duties as necessary.