Namaste Alzheimer Center
2 Penrose Boulevard
Colorado Springs, CO 80906
Job Type: Full Time
The Activities Assistant provides individual and group activities appropriate to the needs and interests of each resident to promote well-being and quality of life. The Activities Assistant may care for the following age specific population: adults and older adults.
1. Assists in planning, scheduling, and implementing an on-going program of activities designed to meeting, in accordance with the comprehensive assessment, the interests and physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being of each resident, including both individual and group activities.
a. Assists in coordination of monthly calendar, including both individual and group activities.
b. Assists with Tally of Interest in planning activities.
c. Creatively uses community resources and material available to implement activities.
2. Completes the Resident Activity Assessment in accordance with facility, federal, and state guidelines and documents the activity interests and needs of each resident.
a. Greets each new resident upon admission and provides the monthly activity calendar.
b. Completes the Resident Activity Assessment within 72 hours of admission.
c. Does a Tally of Interests with resident and family members.
d. Offers suggestions of activities for each individual resident, i.e. talking books, etc.
e. Identifies various activities available for residents and family.
3. Assists and implements activities for days, evenings, weekends, and holiday. Assists in organizing and scheduling community events related to resident needs and interest.
a. Starts activities on time for the maximum potential of all residents.
b. Assists in scheduling community outings.
c. Encourages resident and family member input for activities.
d. Assists in keeping the Activity Room neat and clean for activities.
4. Visits room-bound residents one-on-one on a daily basis, or as needed.
a. Follows one-on-one list set up by Activities Supervisor.
b. Visits each resident and hall as scheduled.
c. Offers a variety of one-on-one in-room activities, i.e. books, music, etc.
d. Encourages resident to join in group activities.
e. Properly documents each visit.
5. Maintains up-to-date knowledge and complying with policies and procedures of infection control, OSHA, safety, and federal and state laws and regulations. Interacts effectively within multi-disciplinary teams.
a. Maintains up-to-date knowledge of activities through in-services and department training.
b. Complies with facility and Wellness department polices and procedures.
c. Follows infection control program f or equipment and grooming activities.
6. Satisfies all educational in-service requirements mandated by CHI Living Communities, the department, external accrediting, and regulatory agencies.
a. Attends all mandatory in-service programs.
b. Adheres to facility policies and procedures.
c. Completes yearly online education program by deadline.
d. Attends employee meetings on a regular basis.
In addition to the essential job specific duties listed above, the Activities Assistant shall be required to perform all duties (essential and non-essential) in a manner consistent with the mission statement and core values (reverence, integrity, compassion, excellence) of CHI Living Communities and will be evaluated on such basis. Furthermore, every employee must abide by all campus, departmental, and safety policies, rules, and regulations.
CHI Living Communities has the right to change the job specific duties and specifications required for the position of Activities Assistant from time to time without prior notice.