The Housekeeping Aide is responsible for cleaning resident rooms and general related areas in the Health and Rehabilitation Center, main building and other campus buildings as assigned.
Department: Support Services
Reports to: Environmental Services Supervisor
Essential Job Specific Duties/Responsibilities
- Efficient on correct mopping techniques.
- Uses figure eight method.
- Uses clean water every third room or 100 square feet.
- Mops all edges and corners insuring dirt is removed.
- Changes mop when visibly soiled.
- Hard surface floors are clean and free of soil.
- Competent in dust mopping techniques.
- Starts at end of hall or room.
- Uses dust mop treatment.
- Changes dust mop when visibly soiled.
- Hard surface floor is free of dust and debris.
- Stores dust mop covered.
- Effective in correct cleaning of horizontal and vertical surfaces.
- Furniture is free of dust and smudges.
- Window ledges are free of dust.
- Walls are free of spots.
- All fixtures or appliances are free of dust.
- Able to properly do trash removal of general and biohazard waste.
- Uses gloves when handling trash.
- Segregates general and biohazard waste.
- Keeps waste receptacles clean.
- Carts for transport are covered.
- Waste is emptied in a timely fashion.
- Cleaning of occupied and empty resident rooms.
- Uses correct supplies for room cleaning.
- Starts cleaning at farthest point working towards the door.
- Performs detail cleaning when needed.
- Carpets are free of spots.
- Finished rooms exceeds 85% quality.
In addition to the essential job specific duties listed above, the Environmental Aide shall be required to perform all duties (essential and non-essential) in a manner consistent with the mission statement and core values (reverence, service and stewardship) of Madonna Manor and will be evaluated on such basis. Furthermore, every employee must abide by all campus, departmental and safety policies, rules and regulations.
Madonna Manor has the right to change the job specific duties and specifications required for the position of Environmental Aide from time to time without prior notice.