Franciscan Villa is a senior living community that offers three levels of assisted living options, rehabilitative services, skilled nursing care and our Child Day Center for our employees and members of the community.
Our dedicated health care professionals at CHI Franciscan Villa are committed to the patient-centered model and work to maintain a safe and secure environment while providing as many comforts of home as possible.
Franciscan Villa’s mission-driven philosophy of providing a continuum of care is guided by our core values of reverence, integrity, compassion and excellence
As an LPN working in our Skilled Nursing facility you will perform resident care duties and participate in nursing care data collection, planning, implementation and evaluation. You can also expect to:
- Maintain effective communication with residents, families, staff, and physicians.
- Complete daily shift documentation, including head to toe review of skilled residents.
- Function in a calm and positive manner in an emergency or crisis situation.
- Communicate consistently with the Nurse Manager, reporting pertinent concerns/issues.
- Place necessary calls for families and physicians. Demonstrates appropriateness of faxing vs. phone calls to physicians.
- Communicate appropriately with physicians; makes rounds with physicians in absence of Nurse Manager or as delegated by Nurse Manager. Utilizes physician file appropriately.
- Review and teach resident and family about pain management, including pain-rating scales and goal setting; importance of aggressive, preventive pain treatment; analgesic misconceptions; and plan for pain management.
- Assist in developing, implementing, and evaluating teaching plan to meet learning needs of residents and families.
- Participate in resident/family teaching and initiates discharge planning in a timely manner.
- Document in accordance with nursing policies and procedures.
- Perform activities related to medications and treatments in accordance with facility policies and procedures.
- Licensed Practical Nurse currently licensed Wisconsin
- Long-term care experience preferred. Currently certified in CPR
- Regular attendance is an essential part of this job
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive Pay & Benefits
- 401(k) with a company match
- Paid-time off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On-site Fitness Center
- On-site Child Day Care Center
- $7500 Sign-on Bonus for Full Time Employees
A pre-placement health assessment, including a drug screening and background check, is required. CHI Franciscan Villa is an equal opportunity employer.