Assumes responsibility and accountability for assigned residents. Provides professional nursing care to these residents incorporating the nursing process, the environment, technical equipment, and health care staff.
- Administers nursing care to residents under the direction of the DON, includes assessing residents, implementing resident’s plan of care and evaluating the resident’s response to care in coordination with the physician.
- Collaborates with other personnel regarding assigned resident’s plan of care.
- Performs documentation in the nursing unit and in the resident record accurately, concisely, and in a timely manner.
- Seeks to increase knowledge base and skill level and assertively seeks guidance in areas of question.
- Performs efficiently in emergency situations, following established policies and standards.
- Communicates effectively with resident/family.
- Communicates all pertinent information concerning resident to appropriate health professional.
- Is knowledgeable in delegation of tasks to Certified Nursing Assistants and nursing technicians with residents.
- Assists with the provision of the care to residents (within qualifications) and participate in social and activity programs in order to help meet the physical, mental, social and spiritual needs of the residents to promote a happy, safe, and fulfilling environment.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Possession of a current license as an LPN or RN issued by the State of Iowa.
- CPR Certification must be obtained within six months of hire.