The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) provides resident care in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act and is responsible for the delivery of safe and therapeutic resident care from admission through discharge in collaboration with the physician, family, and other members of the multi-disciplinary health care team. The LPN is responsible for utilizing principles of the nursing process in carrying out delegated aspects of care for both residents and families. The goal of resident care shall be toward restoring and maintaining each resident’s identified capabilities at their maximum mental and physical level.
- Full Time (72 hrs/pp) 6:30pm-7:30am various weekdays and every other weekend with rotating holiday.
Essential Job Specific Duties/Responsibilities
- Maintains effective communication with residents, families, staff, and physicians.
- Completes daily shift documentation, including head to toe review of skilled residents.
- Functions in a calm and positive manner in an emergency or crisis situation.
- Communicates consistently with the DON, reporting pertinent concerns/issues.
- Places necessary calls for families and physicians. Demonstrates appropriateness of faxing vs. phone calls to physicians.
- Communicates appropriately with physicians; makes rounds with physicians in absence of Nurse Manager or as delegated by Nurse Manager. Utilizes physician file appropriately.
- Reviews and teaches resident and family about pain management, including pain-rating scales and goal setting; importance of aggressive, preventive pain treatment; analgesic misconceptions; and plan for pain management.
- Assists in developing, implementing, and evaluating teaching plan to meet learning needs of residents and families.
- Participates in resident/family teaching and initiates discharge planning in a timely manner.