GENERAL SUMMARY :
Prepares and serves meals in accordance with facility policy and applicable regulations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
- Follows daily Dietary Services functions and operations.
- Directs the work of the Dining Attendants.
- Helps assure residents nutritional needs are met in a safe and sanitary environment
- Completes relevant paperwork (i.e. cleaning schedules, temperature records, substitution documents, etc.).
- Must be able to determine proper amounts of food to prepare, and must maintain proper portion control to assure adequate nutrition and compliance with therapeutic diets.
- Assists with the provision of care to residents (within qualifications) and participate in social and activity programs in order to help meet the physical, mental, social and spiritual needs of the residents to promote a happy, safe, and fulfilling environment.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED :
- Prefer high school graduate (or GED)
- Experience or training in institutional food service, in a health care setting preferred.
- ServSafe Certificate preferred.
- Supervisory experience or training preferred.