GENERAL SUMMARY :
Assists residents with activities of daily living and other non-professional aspects of nursing ensuring quality care.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
- Administers resident care duties under the direction of a licensed nurse (i.e. maintenance of chart, recording vital signs, etc.).
- Works under direct supervision using BDRC policies and nursing standards.
- Maintains knowledge of equipment set-up, maintenance, and use (i.e. drainage devices, scales, lifts, etc.).
- Maintains confidentiality regarding all patient/personnel information.
- Reports observations to licensed personnel.
- Maintains resident care supplies, equipment, and environment.
- Assists with the provision of the care to residents (within qualifications) and participate in social and activity programs in order to help meet the physical, mental, social, and spiritual needs of the residents to promote a happy, safe, and fulfilling environment.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED :
- Completion of approved 75 hour nursing assistant course
- Registered as a Certified Nursing Assistant on the Iowa CNA Registry.