You may be caring for an aging parent or have more people in your household than usual during the pandemic. As the U.S. begins recovery efforts and more businesses re-open, you may choose to get take-out food for a break from many home-cooked meals in recent weeks.
To help make sure you prevent the spread of the virus, follow these tips from the CDC:
- Whenever possible, order and pay for food orders in advance, either online or over the phone.
- Practice social distancing, staying at least 6 feet away from others while waiting in line for order pickup.
- Keep hand sanitizer with at least a 60% alcohol content inside your vehicle to use frequently during trips.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds when you get home
- Once home, remove food from to-go containers.
- Thoroughly clean common surfaces, including your kitchen countertops and faucet handles.