History


Bishop Drumm's rich mission-driven history of providing quality health care in Johnston, Iowa began over 80 years ago. We continue that tradition today as we plan new programs to meet our residents’ future health care needs.

 

Bishop Drumm building dedication in 1939


Bishop Drumm’s first location in Des Moines at 9th and Clark


This is the Chapel from the first Bishop Drumm building


Residents in the 1940s


Residents in the 1940s


1950s


1960s


Groundbreaking for new Bishop Drumm in Johnston in 1970s


Sisters Neighborhood


Chapel, outside view


Chapel, inside view

In collaboration with the congregation of Humility of Mercy, a 30 bed wing called the Sisters Neighborhood and our Lady of Peace Chapel opened in 1995.

Martina Place our Assisted Living Residence building opened in 1997.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


In 2018, Bishop Drumm became the first nursing home in the state of Iowa to earn The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval, a symbol of quality that reflects commitment to providing safe and effective patient and resident care.